CCP (College Credit Plus)
STEPS TO REGISTER FOR CCPStep One: Parents and students must view the 2021-2022 CCP Presentation JHS Slides below.Step Two: Research the college you would like to work through for CCP courses.(There are 20 CCP courses through Stark State and 1 CCP course through Kent State Stark offered on JHS campus.)Step Three: Take the proper assessment/exam (ACT, SAT, Accuplacer) needed for the college of your choice.Step Four: Enter the CCP Polaris course using the corresponding access code:Stark State: 23V8-JPFB-3H8GPKent State Stark: HW3G-253N-D37DXWalsh University: C4DK-KRKH-THVK7Akron University: 45SF-NBBB-F7862Malone University: K2G7-RZWM-VRVCJAultman College: ZCMQ-R2X9-PJQXGStep Five: Complete the Polaris course by May 1st.Important Resources:College Credit Plus at Jackson High SchoolWHAT IS COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS?College Credit Plus (CCP) is a dual-credit program in the state of Ohio within which:
- Students may earn high school and college credit at the same time
- Students enroll and participate in college-level coursework
WHY DO CCP?
- Increases access of college credits to high school students
- Gives students an idea of what being a college student is like
WHERE DO I TAKE CCP CLASSES?
- Jackson offers a multitude of CCP courses in-house in order to support students' learning and remove barriers that can occur when a student leaves campus (transportation, schedule conflicts, etc.)
- If you choose to leave the JHS campus, classes can be taken on the campus of any of our partner schools: Kent State Stark, Stark State, Akron University, or Walsh University
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Students who have met the required score on the Accuplacer or ACT school in at least one subject area in addition to meeting the admission standards of the college to which they apply (students must apply to the college that offers the course they wish to take even if they are enrolling in an in-house course)
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- There is a potential for minimal cost to students to participate in CCP if they are enrolling at a public college or university. Jackson Local School District covers the cost of college tuition and textbooks. Fees may apply if students choose to participate in private college or university courses.
HOW MANY CREDITS WORTH OF CCP CLASSES CAN I TAKE?Students can earn up to 30 credits per year, which also includes high school-only credits or middle school courses. The 30 credit annual maximum includes the summer semester, which is considered the beginning of the academic year. A maximum of 120 college credits can be earned throughout the entire program. (OAC 3333-1-65.11)To determine the maximum number of credit hours for which a student can register each academic year, you must calculate credits by subtracting the high school-only course credits within this formula. Each high school course in a core subject area is worth 3 credits.30 - (# of High/Middle School-Only Courses X 3) = Max # Number of CCP Credits Per YearFor example, if "John Smith" is taking Math, Science, and English at the high school (3 courses = 9 credits), his formula would look like this:30 - (3 X 3) = Max # of CCP Credits Per Year30 - 9 = 21 CCP Credits Per YearTherefore, John would be able to take up to 21 credits worth of CCP courses for the 2020-2021 school year.WHERE DO I GET MY TEXTBOOKS? CCP Textbook MapATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY GUIDE: http://ohsaa.org/Eligibility
Accuplacer Testing Information
January 26th, 2021 @ 7:30am (Distance Learning Lab @ JHS)
February 17th, 2021 @ 7:30am (Distance Learning Lab @ JHS)
March 17th, 2021 @ 7:30am (Distance Learning Lab @ JHS)
Based on your grade level, select and complete the Google Form below to sign up for the February 17th test:
JHS Student Registration Link:
JMMS Student Registration Link: