Click here for IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR
Welcome to Career and Technical Education at Jackson High School. We offer 7 CTE programs at JHS as well as participating in the Stark County Career Compact with GlenOak, Hoover and Lake High Schools to offer our students many program options.
What is Career & Technical Education?
- Career-Technical Education connects high school and college education to high skill, high demand technical employment. You’ll take college prep math, science and English AND build marketable skills in areas such as engineering, health, information technology, biotechnology and business.
- Career-Technical Education usually begins in the 11th grade, although some schools offer introductory classes as early as middle school. You’ll be on a track to pursue an associate or bachelor’s college degree or certification.
- Employers identify skills that will be valuable for future careers. Colleges and high schools coordinate curriculum to develop these skills. This connection, called a Career-Technical Education pathway, gives you early access to college-level work. You could also be eligible for college credit, scholarships or advanced standing. The pathway eases your transition from high school to college, eliminating gaps and duplication.
CTE Programs offered at Jackson High School
- CISCO Networking and Cyber Security
- Engineering and Architecture
The following programs are offered through the Stark County Career Compact. For more information on these programs visit the Career Tech website of the Compact school. To apply to theses programs visit https://ww2.plainlocal.org/careertech/login.php
- Animation & Graphic
- Commercial Photo.
- Emergency Svc/Fire Sci.
- Entertainment Tech
- High School of Business
- Job Training Coord. (JTC)
- Teacher Pathways
- Video Productions
- Music Production
- Biomedical Science
- Business Mgmt.
- Graphic Arts & Design
- Teaching Professions
- Video Productions
- Business & Marketing
- Legal Studies
- Job Training Coordination