ORDER YOUR 2020 YEARBOOK!WWW.JOSTENSYEARBOOKS.COM**Limited Quantity Available! Don't Miss Out!!!**WWW.JOSTENSYEARBOOKS.COMPICTURE DAY IS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2019 IN THE AUX GYMImportant 2019-2020 DatesDistribution Week:Fall Photo Day: September 13, 2019Fall Picture Day (re-takes):Senior Pictures Due:Spring Picture Day:Senior Memory Messages Due: May 1, 2019
SENIOR PORTRAIT REQUIREMENTS AND DEADLINES
Dear members of the Class of 2020:
The deadline to submit senior portraits for printing in the 2019-2020 yearbook is January 31. Please feel free to have your pictures taken at the studio of your choice. There are guidelines that must be followed for the yearbook photo in order to maintain consistency in the senior portrait section of the book. Please observe the following requirements when selecting your yearbook pose:
Senior Portrait Requirements:
- Digital image on a CD, flash drive, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (jpeg @300dpi)
- Images should be wallet sized or larger (2.5” x 3.5”) (CDs/flash drives will not be returned unless requested)
- Head size should be 1.5” (measured from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin)
- All pictures must be submitted in full color (no sepia or black-and-white)
- Vertical portraits only
- Head and shoulders only (no hands, arms, or other body parts may appear)
- Background should be a portrait of your choice. Please make sure it features your face. Backgrounds need to be plain: Yes- bricks, doors, etc. No- flowers, trees, or backgrounds that take away from you.
- Have your photographer leave enough space around your face to allow for the yearbook staff to feature you at your best within the design
- Dress is semi-formal. This means…
- Males: solid-color collared shirts, polos or sweaters. Ties, sport coats or suit coat are optional
- Females: dress suits, dresses, formal blouses or sweaters. No low-cut tops, please.
- Both: Do not violate Jackson’s Student Handbook. For instance, not hats; no sunglasses; no revealing or distasteful clothing (suggestive, revealing, or low-cut clothing is not permitted); no clothing that promotes alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms, or that contains obscene or profane language or illustrations. You can locate the Student Handbook on the high school’s website if you have questions.
- No signatures or watermarks on the image (names, graduation years, etc.).
- Note: pictures with “soft focus” appear blurred upon reproduction. Do not use “soft focus.”
- The yearbook staff has the right to request a different photograph if the above guidelines are not met.
- Students who do not submit a senior portrait OR fail to follow the requirements have the option to use their Lifetouch portrait in the yearbook. (Picture taken in the fall for your IDs)
You must submit your image through email, on a CD, or flash drive. CDs and flash drives can be given to the main office.
***Images MUST be at least 300dpi!***
Jackson High School Yearbook
7600 Fulton Dr NW
Massillon, Ohio 44646
*CDs and flash drives submitted to the JHS Yearbook will not be returned unless you specifically request that the CD/Flash Drive be returned. Please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Please take this letter to your sitting appointment when your student is being photographed and show the requirements to the photographer. A digital copy can be found on the Yearbook website as well.
Mrs. Gregory and the Yearbook Staff
questions: contact Mrs. Gregory at email@example.com
ORDER YOUR 2019 - 2020 YEARBOOK
lSearch for Jackson High School in Massillon, OhioContact Mrs. Gregory with questions:7600 Fulton Dr. N.W.Massillon, OH 44646330-830-8100 firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior EditorsTotal Members:13
Goals: To produce a professional journalistic quality yearbook that captures our school year in review and provides memories.
Responsibilities: Produces yearbook through conducting of interviews, use of digital photography, journalistic research.
Students use digital photography, Photoshop and In-Design software as well as learn design techniques and production in Desktop Publishing. The yearbook is completely produced on-line using computer programs and devices. Students learn artistic and journalistic research and concepts to aid in the production of the yearbook.
When do we meet: Daily during school and after school.
Requirements: Students are selected based in yearbook application and interview.
Requirements of staff: Students must sell $500 in ads, take pictures at sporting and school events and actively participate in page creation.
Tournaments or contests: We submit the yearbook for national critique and awards, and perform social and community service projects.
Extra Credit: Students earn 1/2 credit O/S/U.
Existence: Since 1930s.
Fund raiser: Ad sales and book sales.