JACKSON HIGH SCHOOL KEY CLUB
Advisor: Miss Jacobs 330-837-3501 x13022023-2024 EVENTS and MEETING DATES
President: Maya Patel - email@example.com Vice President: Ashley Dresnsky - firstname.lastname@example.org Lead Secretary: Ava Garcia - email@example.com 12th Grade Secretary: Hannah Harley - firstname.lastname@example.org 11th Grade Secretary: Aila Graham - email@example.com 10th Grade Secretary: Riley Zagst - firstname.lastname@example.org 9th Grade Secretary: Shivam Patel - email@example.com Treasurer: Riya Bhullar - firstname.lastname@example.org Publicity: Brooke Artz - email@example.com
Community Sponsor: Belden Village Kiwanis - school liaison, Mr. Jim Myers
- Club Goal:
- The goal of the club is to assist organizations or individuals in the community by donating time and/or money & goods.
- Club Motto:
- Our Motto: "Caring- Our way of life"
- JOIN REMIND.com - DOWNLOAD THE Remind APP to your PHONE - Receive text or messages through the app messages like event and meeting reminders and volunteer opportunities from KEY CLUB to your phone!
- To Join text @ab9agg to 81010 - it's free! NO SPAM! You can unsubscribe at any time.
- How many volunteer hours needed through the year?
50 hours - beginning May 1, 2023 - Ending Apr. 29, 2024 (You have ONE year to earn the 50 hours. You can volunteer during the summer or during holiday breaks.)
- Club Meeting Times:
- 7:20 am or 2:40 pm every other Thursday in A302, Miss Jacobs' classroom - PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME. Thanks!
- 2023 Meeting Dates:
- ALL CLUB MEMBERS MEET: 9/7, 9/14, 9/28, 10/12, 10/26, 11/9, 11/16, 11/30, 12/14 2024 Meeting Dates: 1/11, 1/25, 2/8, 2/22, 3/7, 3/21, 4/4, 4/18, 5/2
- Officers Will Meet: as scheduled by the president.
- Event Dates: See sign-up spreadsheet for information on upcoming activties and to signup: Activity Signups
- SIGNED ACTIVITY SHEETS ARE REQUIRED TO GET CREDIT FOR EACH ACTIVITY You attend where someone sponsors the event!! ACTIVITY SHEETS MUST BE TURNED IN WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF THE COMPLETED ACTIVITY. (Get an activity sheet in A302 or DOWNLOAD ONE HERE.)
- HOW TO JOIN -
- 1. Attend the first meeting. A302 - 9/7 at 7:20 am or 2:40 pm
- 2. Review the requirements (scroll down to files at the bottom)
- 3. FILL OUT THE APPLICATION (download at bottom of this page or pick one up in A302)- your medical form must be on file electronically with JLSD
- 4. You MUST be able to help at the Arts and Crafts Show on 11/17 or 11/18 - don't join if you'll be gone those two days. It is a MANDATORY event. Thanks for understanding!
- 5. Turn in the application form with your yearly dues at the next club meeting on 9/14 or 9/28 (deadline to join is 9/28).
- 6. Attend events! Earn Hours! Serve Your Community!
- KEY CLUB / KIWANIS INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SENIORS Click here for KIWANIS INTERNATIONAL scholarships for Senior high school students
*** Track your total service hours here
CRAFT SHOW IS A MANDATORY KEY CLUB EVENT - Dates for 2022
11/17/23 - Craft show set up (3:00 - 5:30) and vendor load in 6 - 8:00 pm (sign up for a shift)
11/17/23 - Cookies/baked goods due to P116 by 2:45 pm. (price baked goods 2:45 - 4:45 and display in commons)
11/18/23 - Craft Show vendors load in from 7:30 am - 9:30 am; Show begins at 10am. Sell raffle tickets and baked
goods. Tear down begins at 4 pm until approx 7 pm - we sometimes finish early if everyone works hard.
- We have many yearly activities such as the Alzheimer's Walk in September, Breast Cancer Walk in October, Sippo Lake Kiwanis One-Day park cleanup, Kiwanis Miles for Kids, Stark County Hunger Task Force canned food drive, etc. We also add new projects as the needs of the community change. For our main fundraiser, we host a Fall Craft show in November. Students donate their time assisting crafters by setting up and tearing down booths, and by selling raffle tickets and baked goods. Students also donate baked goods for our bake sale and help sell raffle tickets. The proceeds from the bake sale and raffle are donated to Kiwanis Miles for Kids event, to help children in need in Stark County who may be in foster care.
**To check out current activities and signup, use this link: Activity Signups
- Requirements to Join/Stay in the Club:
- Any high school student can join Key Club. There is a $12 fee to pay for District and National dues and $10 for the club shirt for a total of $22.00. We keep the same shirt every year, so you don't need to buy new each year. You must also accumulate 50 service hours. At least 25 of these hours must be from volunteer hours supervised by an organization or through the club ...the other 25 hours can be tracked on your own. One hour of service = 1 volunteer or service hour. Students must attend meetings throughout the year. LAST DAY TO JOIN: 9/28/23
- NOTE: Names of students who have MET the 50 hour requirements are turned in to the JHS Registrar as validation of completion.
- Any student who knowingly falsifies applications or resumes stating he or she was a member of Key Club WITHOUT meeting the requirements is in violation of the school code of conduct.
Description of Key Club Officer ResponsibilitiesDescription of Key Club Officer Responsibilities 2016
STARK PARKS Volunteer Permission FormSTARK PARKS Volunteer Permission Form