JACKSON HIGH SCHOOL KEY CLUB
Advisor: Ms. Koladin 330-837-3501 x11862018-2019 EVENTS and MEETING DATES
President: Sarah Strunck Vice President: Peyton Smith Lead Secretary: Izzy Slesnick 12th Grade Secretary: Shreyaa Nagajothi email@example.com 1tth Grade Co-Secretaries: Grace Golba firstname.lastname@example.org and Emily Wiley email@example.com 10th Grade Secretary: Libby Dillon firstname.lastname@example.org 9th Grade Secretary: Emily Golba email@example.com Treasurers: Katie Kutschbach and Zaid Siddiquee Publicity: Sophia Bernard and Taylor Haring
Community Sponsor: Belden Village Kiwanis - school liaison, Mr. Jim Myers
- Club Goal:
- The goal of the club is to assist organizations or individuals in the community by donating time and/or money & goods.
- Club Motto:
- Our Motto: "Caring- Our way of life"
- How many members are in the club?
- In 2018-2019 we have about members
- JOIN REMIND.com - DOWNLOAD THE Remind APP to your PHONE - especially if you have VERIZON as your cellular phone service provider. Receive text or messages through the app messages like event and meeting reminders and volunteer opportunities from KEY CLUB to your phone!
- To Join text @MSKOLA to 754-227-3440 - it's free! NO SPAM! You can unsubscribe at any time.
- How many volunteer hours needed through the year?
- 50 hours - beginning May 26, 2018 - Ending May 15, 2019 (You have ONE year to earn the 50 hours. You can volunteer during the summer or during holiday breaks.)
- Club Meeting Times:
- 7:15 am or 2:40 pm every other Thursday in P116
- 2018 Meeting Dates:
- ALL CLUB MEMBERS MEET:
9/6, 9/20, 10/4, 10/18, 11/1, 11/15, 11/29, 12/13 (Last date to join is 10/4/18 - no late dues accepted.
- 2019 Meeting Dates: 1/10, 1/24, 2/7, 2/21, 3/7, 3/21, 4/4, 4/18, 5/2, 5/16
- Officers Will Meet:
- 2018 - 2019 Meeting Dates: When determined; at least two times per month
- 2018 - 2019 Event Dates: (Attend meetings to sign up for shifts and to get activity sheets.) (Some dates and times still TBD)
- SIGNED ACTIVITY SHEETS ARE REQUIRED TO GET CREDIT FOR EACH ACTIVITY !! ACTIVITY SHEETS MUST BE TURNED IN WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF THE COMPLETED ACTIVITY.
- HOW TO JOIN -
- 1. Attend the first meeting. P116 - 9/4 7:15 am or 2:40 pm
- 2. Review the requirements (scroll down to files at the bottom)
- 3. Fill out the application - your medical form must be on file electronically with JLSD
- 4. Turn in the application form with your yearly dues
- 5. Attend events !! Serve your Community!
- KEY CLUB / KIWANIS INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SENIORS Click here for KIWANIS INTERNATIONAL scholarships for Senior high school students
09/22/18 - 7:30 am - 11:30 am - ALZHEIMER's WALK at WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL - 1 Paul E Brown Dr SE, Massillon, OH 44646 - Alzheimer's Association: Greater Eastern Ohio Chapter. Student Volunteers meet at Washington high school.
10/21/18 - 8-10 or 12-2 - Making Strides Breast Cancer Walk helper - meet at Maolne University track - check in at the volunteer tent and get a t-shirt. 2600 Cleveland Ave. NW, Canton, OH 44709 (Sign ups are closed.) report to the North Side of the track at your assigned shift time -
10/20/18 - 8:00 - 12:00 - UNITY in the COMMUNITY Pancake Breakfast - you will help at JHS from 8-12 - Only registered volunteers who signed up attend for points. s2 slots is from 8-10 or 10-12 noon. Check-in in the teacher's lunch room at the front of the high school by the entrance and security desk. VOLUNTEERS can eat early for $2.00 if you arrive before your shift. Enter door 16W at JHS - PARK ON THE SIDE OF THE SCHOOL - Enter by the GYM !!!
10/13 and 14, 2018 - RiverTree Church Pumpkin Patch - Help with games, art, making s'mores and more! 10/13 - 5:30 - 9:00 p.m. SET UP and evening of Fun with children , Clean up at 9 - 10 p.m. ; 10/14 - 5:30 - 9:00 SET UP and evening Fun with children 10/14 - 9-10 p.m., Clean up and tear down. Check in at the West Side Doors. You'll be outside helping with activities, so wear out door clothes you can get dirty. Address: 7373 Portage St NW, Massillon, OH 44646
10/12/16 - 10/20/16 - Bring non-perishable CANNED foods to P116 before school or after school to benefit Stark County Hunger Task Force. Requested items: CANNED Meats like Tuna and Chicken; Canned Soups; Canned Fruits & Veggies; Canned Pasta like Raviolis; and Peanut Butter. NO BOXED GOODS PLEASE. NO RAMEN. 1 can = .25 of a donation point. Max cans = 12 for three points.
11/11/18 - 8th ANNUAL Tailgate Against Hunger - at TOM BENSON HALL OF FAME STADIUM 30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (2 to 2.5 hours of volunteer time) Collect Donations and Canned Goods at the Stadium for the WALSH v. MALONE football game. We need delivery drivers to take our boxes of donation to the event from JHS as well. (Pick up after school on 10/21) drive to the stadium and unload on 10/22. Sign up in P116. This event is with the Belden Village Kiwanis. Volunteers will receive pizza and drinks when the shift ends. MAPS are available and in the file below this text and in P116 so volunteers know where to meet.
10/26/16 - Help at ManorCare's annual Halloween Party. 6:20 to 7:45 (1.5 Hours) Contact is Charlotte Weigand, Activities Coordinator. Help with refreshments and help with trick or treating. ManorCare is located at 5005 Higbee Ave NW, Canton, OH 44718 - just south of Belden Village Mall.
11/13-15, 2016 Key Leader Fall Camp, Recreation Unlimited, Ashley, Ohio. Scholarships are available. http://www.key-leader.org/Find-Key-Leader-Events/REGISTRATIONINSTRUCTIONS.aspx
CRAFT SHOW IS A MANDATORY KEY CLUB EVENT - Dates for 2019
11/22/19 - Craft show set up (3:00 - 5:30) and vendor load in 6 - 8:00 pm (sign up for a shift)
11/23/19 - Cookies/baked goods due to P116 by 2:45 pm. (price baked goods 2:45 - 4:45 and display in commons)
11/23/19 - Craft Show set up 7:30 am - 9:30 am; Show begins at 10am. Sell raffle tickets and baked
goods. Tear down begins at 4 pm until 7 pm.
TBD - December - Wrapping parties for adopt-a-family in the commons after school from 2:45 - 3:45 both days. Signed Activity Sheet required.
2019 Event Dates: Some TBD - Exact Dates to come. (Attend meetings to sign up for shifts and to get activity sheets.)
- 1/29 and 30, 2019 - VALENTINE'S DAY CARD MAKING - Sign up for either Wednesday or Thursday - or both days. In the Jackson High School Commons to provide Valentine Day cheer to residents of Hunter House in Canton - 2:45 - 4:45. Bring a candy donation if you want to attach to the card. Materials will be provided, or you can bring your own crafty supplies if you want.
2/8/19 - BLANKET MAKING NIGHT - in the Jackson High School Commons from 3-5 (shift one) or 5-7 (shift two). We will make fleece tie blankets for individuals in need as identified by area organizations. This is a fun event. BRING FABRIC SCISSORS if you have them so you can cut the fleece. There will be food and movies for participants.
- 3/7/19 - SAUDER READING LITERACY NIGHT - Sauder Elementary School - 5:15 to 7:30 pm. Meet in the Sauder School Library. Set up, pass out tickets, and play games with kids and families, assist teachers. 7503 Mudbrook NW, Massillon, OH 44646
- 2019 - TBD - Help Set Up and Tear Down at SPRING FLING fundraiser / dance in JHS GYM. Meet in the gym. Sign up in P116 for a shift. Set up 3-5; Set up 5 - 7; Tear Down 10:00 - 11:00.
- 2/28/19 - Officer luncheon in Bear's Den with Belden Village Kiwanis from 11:50 - 1:00
- TBD - Lake Cable Elementary FUN FEST - 9:30 a.m. Meet in the Lake Cable Elementary school cafeteria - sign in and get your assignment. Event runs from 10 - 2. Food is provided.
- TBD - RiverTree Church Easter Egg Hunt from 1 - 3 pm. Help set up, help with the hunt, and help clean up.
- 4/28/18 - Kiwanis One Day - Cleanup at Sippo Lake Park 9:45 - 12:30 Meet at Sippo Lake Clubhouse, 5300 Tyner St. NW, Canton, OH 44708. Signed parent permission form required and is available in P116. Lunch is provided. Sign ups available until 4/20.
- TBD - Amherst Elementary End of the Year Carnival - 3:30 to 8:30 - Sign Up using this website link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094da9ac2baa8-amherst
- JULY 2018 - 7:30 am to 10:00 am - 5th Annual Miles For Kids - (formerly Miles for Moms) Stark State Campus - with Belden Village Kiwanis. 5K Fun Run/Walk. Proceeds benefit Pathway Caring for Children in our local area. Please scroll down for the current flier and to get information on how to participate in the run. RUNNERS - Key Club will pay for you to run in the race! Get the form from Koladin in P116. Due by 4/27/17.
- 5/5/19 - all SENIOR Activity Sheets to to P116
- 5/15/19 - All Activity Sheets due to P116 - Ms. Koladin
- 5/30 - Memorial Run - Volunteer opportunity to help with the Memorial Run in Jackson Twp. Begins at the YMCA - (See Map and info). Helpers needed along the course. Show up at 7:30 am on Memorial day and help for 2-3 hours. Take an activity sheet and get hours for NEXT year! Scroll down to find the flier and map !!
- KEY LEADER CAMP: $225 per member in Ashley, Ohio. DATES TBD for 2018 - November.
NOTE: Two half payment scholarships are available from our Belden Village Kiwanis (Full scholarships for freshmen!) See Ms. Koladin in P116 for Scholarship information. Scholarship recipients will only have to pay $100.00 of the tuition required to attend. THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR FRESHMEN and SOPHOMORES and JUNIORS !!
facebook: Kiwanis Key Leader - Ohio or www.key-leader.org REGISTRATION is OPEN
Breast Cancer walk Helpers: Student volunteers in the morning shifts should plan to arrive early as parking is limited at Canton McKinley High School. Also, if you're part of a water stop, it is at the Monument - so report there! Your parents could pick you up from there as well.
- We have many yearly activities such as the Alzheimer's Walk in September, Breast Cancer Walk in October, Sippo Lake Kiwanis One-Day park cleanup, Kiwanis Miles for Kids, Stark County Hunger Task Force canned food drive, etc. We also add new projects as the needs of the community change. For our main fundraiser, we host a Fall Craft show in November. Students donate their time assisting crafters by setting up and tearing down booths, and by selling raffle tickets and baked goods. Students also donate baked goods for our bake sale and help sell raffle tickets. The proceeds from the bake sale and raffle are donated to Kiwanis Miles for Kids event, to help children in need in Stark County who may be in foster care.
- Requirements to Join/Stay in the Club:
- Any high school student can join Key Club. There is a $12 fee to pay for District and National dues and $10 for the club shirt for a total of $22.00. We keep the same shirt every year, so you don't need to buy new each year. You must also accumulate 50 service hours. At least 20 of these hours must be from volunteer hours supervised by an organization or through the club ...the other 30 hours can be tracked on your own. One hour of service = 1 volunteer or service hour. Students must attend meetings throughout the year. LAST DAY TO JOIN: 10/04/19
- NOTE: Names of students who have MET the 50 hour requirements are turned in to the JHS Registrar as validation of completion.
- Any student who knowingly falsifies applications or resumes stating he or she was a member of Key Club WITHOUT meeting the requirements is in violation of the school code of conduct.
- ACTIVITY SHEET: Although it is highly preferred with nearly 120 club members for you to pick up a color-coded activity sheet in P116 before you go to an event, below is a printable activity sheet you can use for your volunteer hours.
PRINT OUT THIS CURRENT 18-19 ACTIVITY SHEET TO GET YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS VERIFICATION