APPLYING TO A CTE PROGRAM
Career and Technical Education programs have a limit regarding the number of students that can be accepted. The State of Ohio governs the number of students that can be accepted into a Career and Technical program.
Students will be considered on the basis of grades, attendance, application, interview, interest and readiness in the career and technical program choice, as well as other applicable screening and selection criteria. In some areas, assessments of predictable performance may be used to aid in the final selection. Students not admitted to programs may be kept on a waiting list for any vacancies that may occur in a program.
Students applying to programs at neighboring Stark County high schools may not be notified by those schools of acceptance until early April. Students should complete a full 1st semester (August - December) schedule at JHS during the registration period. If accepted, the student's counselor will adjust his/her schedule to remove electives and include the new courses.
1. JACKSON STUDENTS APPLYING TO JACKSON PROGRAMS
- OPEN HOUSE - Attend the Career & Technical Open House. Please bring your parents. See Calendar for dates.
- INTERVIEW - once your application is received you will receive notification of a scheduled interview time with the program instructor.
- ACCEPTANCE/CONTINGENCY/DENIAL LETTERS - Letters will be EMAILED to the students bearworks email before and during Jackson's online registration.
2. JACKSON STUDENTS APPLYING TO PROGRAMS WITHIN THE COMPACT (Hoover, GlenOak, and Lake)
- INFORMATION: If you are interested in a program at a neighboring school, we recommend you visit the school's website or contact the school directly for more information.
- TOUR: Jackson students will be able to view one program at one high school on a designated tour date during the school day. (See calendar for date and time.) Permission forms will be available in Student Services. Seats are limited. An Emergency Medical form must be on file in the Attendance office in order to participate. Both forms must be returned to Mrs. Cochran prior to the tour.
- APPLICATION: To complete the compact online application (opens in January), please CLICK HERE.
- OPEN HOUSES: Check the Calendar for Open House dates at Compact Schools
- ACCEPTANCE/CONTINGENCY/DENIAL: Students applying to programs within the Compact may not be notified of acceptance until late February. Students should complete a full first semester Jackson schedule (August - December) during Jackson's Online Registration period (3 weeks). If accepted into a program, students are instructed to show their counselor their Acceptance Letter who will adjust his/her schedule.
- TRANSPORTATION: Jackson provides shuttle transportation to and from JHS and the compact schools during the junior and senior levels of most programs.
3. STUDENTS FROM COMPACT SCHOOLS APPLYING TO JACKSON PROGRAMS (students from Hoover, GlenOak & Lake)
- OPEN HOUSE: Attend Jackson's Career & Technical Open House (See calendar for dates). Please bring your parents. If you missed our open house, please feel free to contact the program instructor directly or Mrs. Cochran.
- APPLICATION: To complete the online application (opens in January), please CLICK HERE.
- Students applying to programs at Jackson High School may not be notified of acceptance, contingency or denial until late February. Students should complete a full schedule at their home school during the registration period.
- ACCEPTANCE/CONTINGENCY/DENIAL LETTERS: Students will receive either an Acceptance, Contingency or Denial letter. If accepted into a Jackson program, students are instructed to show their counselor at their home school their acceptance letter. Adjustments will be made to the student's schedule at that time.
- Please feel free to contact the Jackson program instructors directly for more information or Mrs, Cochran at 330-837-3501 ext 1422.
- TRANSPORTATION: Contact your home school regarding transportation to Jackson High School.
Career Technical Education and Civil Rights Disclaimer:Jackson High School participates in a Career and Technical Compact Program in partnership with Lake Local, Plain Local (GlenOak) and North Canton City (Hoover) schools. The Stark County Career Compact does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.