Welcome to Career and Technical Education at Jackson High School. We offer 7 CTE programs at JHS as well as participating in the Stark County Career Compact with GlenOak, Hoover and Lake High Schools to offer our students many program options.
What is Career & Technical Education?
- Career-Technical Education connects high school and college education to high skill, high demand for technical employment. You’ll take college prep math, science and English AND build marketable skills in areas such as engineering, health, information technology, biotechnology and business. Students can also take OSHA training courses to help them work safely in their future careers.
- Career-Technical Education usually begins in the 11th grade, although some schools offer introductory classes as early as middle school. You’ll be on a track to pursue an associate or bachelor’s college degree or certification.
- Employers identify skills that will be valuable for future careers. Colleges and high schools coordinate curriculum to develop these skills. This connection, called a Career-Technical Education pathway, gives you early access to college-level work. You could also be eligible for college credit, scholarships or advanced standing. The pathway eases your transition from high school to college, eliminating gaps and duplication.
CTE Programs offered at Jackson High School
- CISCO Networking and Cyber Security
- Engineering and Architecture
The following programs are offered through the Stark County Career Compact. For more information on these programs, visit the Career Tech website of the Compact school. To apply to these programs, visit the Compact Application.
- Animation & Graphic Design
- Commercial Photography
- Emergency Svc/Fire Sciences
- High School of Business
- Job Training Coordination (JTC)
- Light & Sound
- Music Productions
- Teacher Pathways
- Video Productions
- Biomedical Science
- Business Management
- Graphic Arts & Design
- Medical Technology
- Teaching Professions
- Video Productions
- Business & Marketing
- Legal Studies
- Job Training Coordination