Family & Consumer Sciences
Classroom Management Policy
In order to maintain an atmosphere of achievement, collaboration, and safety in the lab/classroom, the following rules will be enforced:
- Students will abide by the JHS Student Handbook.
- Students will be in his/her seat and prepared with all materials at the bell.
- Students will observe and obey all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Students will be cooperative, courteous, and attentive and comply with cell phone use policy. NO CELL PHONES will be permitted during lab, teacher instruction, testing, and/or any other times determined by the teacher.
- Students will demonstrate respect for him/herself, others, and property.
In the event that any of the rules are not followed, the following consequences will be applied:
- Student/teacher conference will be conducted
- Detention assigned
- Parent/teacher conference will be conducted
- Behavior referral to principal and/or guidance counselor