Spelling Test Success in 5 Steps From Scholastic
- Give your child a practice quiz, saying each word aloud within an example sentence and having her write the word down.
- Ask her to correct the test herself, identifying the words she missed and saying the word aloud while looking at the correct spelling.
- Ask her to close her eyes and visualize the misspelled word, then spell the word out loud.
- Then ask her to write the word again and then check to see if she spelled it correctly. If it's still wrong, ask her to repeat steps 2 and 3 before moving on.
- On the night before the test, give her another practice quiz.