20 Things You May Want to Know About Mrs. Clapper
1. Because I was inspired by so many great middle school teachers, I have always wanted to be a language arts teacher. Now my dream has come true!
2. I have lived in Jackson Township my whole life and graduated from Jackson High School. I am so honored to work here at my alma mater!
3. On July 4, 2014, I married a pretty cool guy. He is a teacher too, so we enjoy sharing stories and ideas together.
4. My daughter, Sadie, was born on September 23, 2018. This summer she learned how to walk and say a lot of new words. She is happy all the time and makes friends with everyone she meets!
5. I have a dog, two cats, and two horses. My puppy is a white German Shepherd named Chief. He may seem big and scary, but he is really just a big sweetheart. Liberty is my 20-year old American Paint Horse. I have had her for fourteen years and enjoy riding her every chance I get. Four years ago I bought a new horse named Trigger. He was a rescue, so I don't know a lot about his past. He is a palomino, which means he is a golden tan color with a white mane and tail. They both live in my backyard. I love taking care of them everyday! I rode 200 miles over summer in 2017! My cats, Jem and Scout, love to explore outside and hang out with the horses.
6. I love to read! My favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. The story is beautiful, unpredictable, and full of passion.
7. My favorite color is purple...even more reason to love Jackson!
8. I graduated cum laude and with honors from Kent State University. I earned my Master's degree from the University of Cincinnati.
9. My favorite foods are hash-brown casserole, bananas, and Texas Roadhouse rolls. But not together.
10. I've been to Niagara Falls, Disney World, the St. Louis Arch, the Grand Canyon, New York City, Myrtle Beach, the Great Smoky Mountains, Nashville, Washington D.C., and Maui, Hawaii. But not all in the same day.
11. I played recreational softball for ten years. In fourth grade I made a triple play all by myself and I didn't even know it!
12. I love country music. I've been to dozens of concerts and even got to meet Josh Thompson, Sunny Sweeney, Jamey Johnson, and Jerrod Neimann, Will Hoge, and Marty Stewart! I also shook Keith Urban's and Eric Church's hands! :O
13. I have a younger brother named DJ. He played football when he was in high school and broke his collar bone four times! They glued him back together and now he is an air traffic controller in Maui, Hawaii!!!
14. In high school, I was a four-year member of the Mock Trial team. During my junior year, we placed 4th in the state, which is the highest finish for a Stark County team to date! Four years ago I started our very first Middle School Mock Trial team. Our teams have scored wonderfully at the State Showcase each year. If you are interested in law or acting, see me to learn more about our club!
15. I enjoy rooting for the Browns, Indians, Buckeyes, and Cavs. O-H-I-O! I am also a huge NASCAR fan! I root for Ryan Blaney and Jimmie Johnson. I went to the summer race at Daytona International Speedway in 2002 and 2015, the spring race at the Richmond International Raceway in 2012, the summer race at Bristol in 2015, and Michigan in 2018.
16. I have worked as a "Mad Scientist" and a YMCA summer camp counselor. I also worked on a canal boat crew and drove a team of draft horses down the towpath.
17. My favorite number is 17! How appropriate!
18. I'm taller than my mom...just saying.
19. In addition to Mock Trial and softball, I was a senior editor of the high school yearbook and a member of the choir. I was also involved in Spanish Club and Habitat for Humanity. It is so important to become involved with your school. It's a great way to make friends, learn new things, and open up new opportunities!
20. I believe that if you change "I can't" to "I can," pretty soon you will say "I did"!