Ski Club Dates for 2018-2019 School Year:Friday, January 11, 2019 CancelledFriday, January 18, 2019Friday, January 25, 2019Friday, February 1, 2019Friday, February 8, 2019Friday, February 15, 2019 (make up date)
Ski Club Procedure for Friday, January 18th
Since there is no school on Friday we have a slightly different routine for our night of fun on the slopes. Here are a few quick reminders:
>Drop off and pick up will be at the same spot as normal: 5W entrance (Sauder side of the biulding with the Polar Bear head)
>Drop off between 3:00 - 3:10 pm. Pick up at 9:00 pm.
>Students will walk through the school to the purple gym entrance to load the ski club buses once they are dropped off at entrance 5W
>Remember all your gear, dress warm, bring $ for any snacks or dinner and have LOTS OF FUN!!!
Sign Up for Ski Club Updates!
Sign-up through remind.com to receive text alerts on ski club cancellations, Friday night travel updates, and more. Just text @skijmms to the number 81010
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR VERIZON WIRELESS USERS:
We’re sorry to write with disappointing news. Recently, we learned that Verizon will be charging Remind a new fee that makes it impossible for Remind to continue supporting free text messaging for anyone who has Verizon Wireless as their phone carrier.
Remind offers their text messaging service free of charge, Remind has always paid for each text that their users receive or send. Now, Verizon is charging Remind an additional fee intended for companies that send spam over its network. Our Remind messages aren’t spam, but the efforts of Remind to resolve the issue with Verizon haven’t been successful.
As a result, the Verizon fee will increase the costs of providing text messaging by 11X—pushing Remind’s annual costs into the millions of dollars. This isn’t financially feasible for Remind to support, and it’s forcing Remind to no longer use text messaging for everyone who has a wireless plan with Verizon.
Soooo...How will this affect you?
Beginning January 28, 2019, the people in Ski Club who normally get our Remind messages as texts will no longer receive these messages if they have Verizon Wireless as their phone carrier.
What can you do?
Middle School Ski ClubFor Ski Club questions, please contact your grade level ski club adviser8th grade: Brian Poetter330 830 8034 extension 3154email at firstname.lastname@example.org grade: Larry Baker330 830 8034 extension 3163email at email@example.com grade: Dave Weisburn330 830 8034 extension 3209email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ski Club Sign Ups!!!
Sign ups for ski club will begin on Monday, November 5th and continue on a first come, first serve basis until the buses are full.
To sign up for ski club, a student must
1) Print off and complete the "Ski Club Contract 2018-2019" form and the "Ski Club Wavier and Release of Liability 2018-2019" form (found on the bottom of this website)
2) Have a check for bus transportation ($80 made out to JMMS)
3) Show up to your grade level ski club advisor before 1st period (7:45 - 8:00) during a school day and turn in your forms and check. Advisors are 8th grade: Brian Poetter room 154, 7th grade: Larry Baker room 161, 6th grade: Dave Weisburn room 209
4) Once step 3 is completed, students will receive information on how to log onto the Bradywine/Boston Mills website to pay for their ski season. The cost will be $223.05 (This will be done at home with a parent/guardian)
5) Once you receive confirmation from the Bradywine/Boston Mills website that you have paid you are officially in the JMMS Ski Club