All About Mrs. Benson
All About Mrs. BensonFamily
- I have been married to my fabulous husband Matt for 18 years.
- I have two boys and a little girl. Kyle is 14 years old, Tyler is 11 years old, and Adelyn is 8 years old.
- Bachelors in Elementary Education (1-8) from Youngstown State University
- Reading Endorsement (K-12)
- Graduated in 1999
- Masters in Gifted Education from Ashland University
- Graduated in 2003
- Earned the distinction of Master Teacher for the State of Ohio, November 2011
A little about me!
- Taught 8th grade language arts and reading in Louisville City School from 1999-2002
- Taught 1st grade at Strausser Elementary in Jackson from 2002-2006
- Taught 3rd grade at Strausser Elementary in Jackson from 2006-2007
- Taught 3rd grade at Amherst Elementary in Jackson from 2007- 2020
- Taught 5th grade at Amherst Elementary in Jackson from 2020-Present
- I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in second grade. My teacher Mrs. Peggy Jenkins was amazing, and I wanted to be just like her!
- I love food! My favorite food is anything Italian! I love making and going out for some good Italian food!
- I LOVE the STEELERS!
- I consider my students as my children. When people ask me how many kids I have, I usually will say 25. I feel I am their mom away from mom.
- The best compliment I can get is when a student calls me mom...and of course, I answer! :-)