Leveled Literacy Intervention
Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) is an exciting program that was designed by two of the most highly thought of experts in the field of literacy, Gay Su Pinnell and Irene Fountas. In addition to implementing the program in my own classroom, I am the district coordinator for use of the program across all four of our elementaries. We are so fortunate that the district has made available this additional resource to help our struggling readers in grades K-3 and that so many teachers are using it to better meet the needs of these students. Below, you will find some basic information about the program.
- Used in Kindergarten only
- Guided Reading Levels A-C
- Organized lessons centered around 70 specially written and designed little books
- First/Second Grade
- Guided Reading Levels A-J
- Organized lessons centered around 110 specially written and designed little books
- Second/Third Grade
- Guided Reading Levels C-N
- Organized lessons centered around 120 specially written and designed little books
- Third Grade
- Guided Reading Levels L-Q
- Organized lessons centered around over 150 specially written and designed books
- Novel Study and Test Preparation lessons included
Daily lessons are 30 minutes of intense engagement in reading and writing. Students quickly learn the routines, anticipate the next task, and to smoothly transition from one part of the lesson to another. This really helps us maximize our 30 minute learning time!