My Home Page
Welcome to Mrs. Mundy's Kindergarten!
A Look Ahead...
February 17 – No School: President’s Day
February 20- Conferences
February 24 - Spring Pictures
February 28 - Special Guest Day 9:30-10:30(please be sure to send in the RSVP form that was sent home)
March 8 – St. Baldrick’s Event at the North Canton Racquet Club. - Come join the fun and support the St. Baldrick’s Foundation and the fight against childhood cancer.
“Brave the Shave” as a “shavee” or a supporter.
March 23-29: Spring Break
April 3: Me and My Guy Dance (this PTO event is for the girls)
Notes from the teacher
If you would like to order a yearbook, information was sent home with your child.
PLEASE check your child's folder and empty it daily - thank you!
Extra Clothes: Please be sure that your child has a change of clothes at school - including socks!
SNACK: Please remember to send a small snack for your child each day. Thank you!
If you are looking for some fun ways to practice sight words at home, check out this website:Important Kindergarten Reminders:
- Please be sure that your child has extra clothes at school for puddles, spills & accidents.
- Empty your child’s folder daily!
- Please remind your child to follow the playground rules, cafeteria rules & bus rules.
- Remember to send a small snack with your child each day.
- Let your child know if he/she is buying or packing lunch (especially if snack is in the lunchbox and your child is actually buying lunch).
- BREAKFAST AT SCHOOL... if your child is to eat breakfast at school, PLEASE send me a note to let me know - otherwise, I assume that they have eaten at home -- thanks for your cooperation!!!
- LUNCH MONEY -- If you are paying for your child's lunch with cash, please put it in your child's clear plastic pouch in his/her folder, and attach a note to let me know that it is lunch money. Thank you!
Due to safety reasons, the children are not permitted to leave school with their parent(s) immediately after parties, special guest visitation, etc. If you wish to take your child home after any event, you will need to send a note to school and then you may pick him/her up after school in the parent pick line. This is the policy of all Jackson Local Schools.
Zane - Feb 5Liam - Feb 20
We collect BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION. Our school receives money for every Box Top collected!!
Kindergarten Sight & High Frerquency Words....
The children will be expected to read and write these words by March 20 (the end of the 3rd grading period): I, see, a, like, the, go, can, to, am, at, me, is
we, it, he, my, mom, dad, look, in, up, on, be, as, has, his, you, are, got, not, and, play, said, here, come, for
This is the word list for the 4th grading period: she, was, they, will, went, into, your, where, looking, down, day
These are the reading strategies we will use in class:Eagle Eye - reminds us to look at the picture for cluesLips the Fish - tell us to get your mouth ready to make the sounds (tapping out the word)Stretchy Snake - tells us to stretch the letter sounds to read the wordChunky Monkey - tells us to look for chunks in words - break the word up and look for word families and glued sounds like th, sh, ch, ing.Skippy Frog - tells us to skip the word and keep reading, then go back and try again.Flippy Dolphin - tells us to flip the vowel sound if the short sound doesn't workTryin Lion - tells us to keep trying!