My Home Page
Welcome to Mrs. Mundy's Kindergarten!
Notes from the teacher
Pictures from Special Guest Day, our Leprechaun Trap Project (with our 3rd grade buddies) , and Cat in the Hat day, are all now posted on this website!
If you are looking for some fun ways to practice sight words at home, check out this website:https://sightwords.com/sight-words/games/
Please remember to return library books on Wednesdays! Thank you :)
Reminder... We are collecting Box Tops for Education (our school gets money for each box top)!
A Look Ahead...
February 28- March 15 : Malley's Chocolate Fundraiser
March 18-21: Final MAP testing of the year (please make sure your child has plenty of rest).
March 22 - End of the grading period
March 25-29: Spring Break
April 5 - Me and My Guy Dance at Amherst 6:30-8:30
April 9 - PTO Meeting @ 6:30
April 11 - Pick up Malley's Orders 4-7
April 12 - BBF Walk-A-Thon Fundraiser
April 15 - Last Day to order Malley's online
April 19 - Good Friday (No School)
April 26 - Mother / Son Event @ 6:00Important Kindergarten Reminders:
- Please be sure that your child has extra clothes at school for puddles, spills & accidents.
- Empty your child’s folder daily!
- Please remind your child to follow the playground rules, cafeteria rules & bus rules.
- Remember to send a small snack with your child each day.
- Let your child know if he/she is buying or packing lunch (especially if snack is in the lunchbox and your child is actually buying lunch).
- BREAKFAST AT SCHOOL... if your child is to eat breakfast at school, PLEASE send me a note to let me know - otherwise, I assume that they have eaten at home -- thanks for your cooperation!!!
- LUNCH MONEY -- If you are paying for your child's lunch with cash, please put it in your child's clear plastic pouch in his/her folder, and attach a note to let me know that it is lunch money. Thank you!
Due to safety reasons, the children are not permitted to leave school with their parent(s) immediately after parties, special guest visitation, etc. If you wish to take your child home after any event, you will need to send a note to school and then you may pick him/her up after school in the parent pick line. This is the policy of all Jackson Local Schools.
Emma - March 15
DeMarien - March 27
We collect BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION. Our school receives money for every Box Top collected!!
Word of the day words....
These are the KINDERGARTEN SIGHT WORDS that your child will be expected to read fluently. (These are the words that will be assessed this year.)
I, see, like, me, a, red, orange, one, yellow, green, two, blue, purple, three, pink, brown, four, black, white, five, we, go, six, the, my, seven, can, and, eight, at, is, nine, are, in, ten, will, he, she, has, was, it, have, to, that, am, of, you, not, her, his, but, so, say, do, little, play, all, be, here, said, they, with, as, or, for, from, by, had, this, look
does, on, went, come, what, into, new, want, now, down, out, our, there, good, under, because.
These are the reading strategies we use in class:Eagle Eye - reminds us to look at the picture for cluesLips the Fish - tell us to get your mouth ready to make the sounds (tapping out the word)Stretchy Snake - tells us to stretch the letter sounds to read the wordChunky Monkey - tells us to look for chunks in words - break the word up and look for word families and glued sounds like th, sh, ch, ing.Skippy Frog - tells us to skip the word and keep reading, then go back and try again.Flippy Dolphin - tells us to flip the vowel sound if the short sound doesn't workTryin Lion - tells us to keep trying!